Friday, February 3, 2012

Tax Accountant Missing in SEO Maze

Tax Accountant Missing in SEO Maze

It all started in the late nineties. I wanted to retire out of pre-school ownership and then, 4 years of substitute teaching, at pre-school level in a public school district. I had had enough. The rules, policies, procedures and politics were putting a damper on my creative abilities.

I need to be able to operate from both sides of my brain, yet still earn a living.

I ended up doing taxes and later established myself by accepting a position for 3 different tax years with a couple major retail tax stores. I am happy to report that my students, both the pre-schoolers and tax students are doing well and making great progress. (That how I judge my accomplishments, by my student’s success.)

Taxes have been good to me. In fact, taxes have brought me through the shadow of darkness and woke me up to new information on a national and international level. Taxes has show me how a poor man becomes wealthy and how a wealthy man becomes even wealthier.

Taxes have show me the light, even when greed was in full swing and money was flowing like water. (Those days appear to be over for many, but not all) In an effort to share in the wealth, I decided to provide a last minute online tax service, base only on the needs of tax payers who had forgot to file their taxes.

Good idea, except the ability to follow included the enormous cost of getting the web site indexed in the search engines and then getting the word out about the site. Still a good idea, except, one component was missing. I needed my site to be able to talk to the search engines in order to become more popular.

In the beginning, I paid so called SEO experts to help me get my site to a popular position. Out of all the monies that I scrapped and spent on getting my project up and running, not one SEO person bothered to tell me the total truth about my site, my SEO limitations or anything else that really matter when it came to SEO.

I had made the basic mistake of naming my site: taxeswilltravel.com ----- cute name. Ya right. Problem was, back in 1999, the search engine couldn’t tell if my site was a tax site or a travel site.

This confusion went on until 2005, when I finally decided to spend my hard earned money, from my part-time job, on becoming a certified Internet Marketing person. (Little good that did, the SEO rules change almost every month) But the difference is, like taxes, you have to keep up with the changes in the search engine’s policy AND doors that were not open to you before, begin to open up.

It was and is the information, training, and experience which separates, the successful from those who are struggling. Not color, origin or gender. Color origin and gender may determine where you work, or how you apply the knowledge, but the opportunities are the same when you place information, training and experience in the picture. (Yes, correct training can be expensive, but so is ignorance)

The secret ingredient is motivation. And many poor people get robbed of their motivation, and so do small business owners. It was clear SEO (search engine optimization) would be my new career, because once a small business owner is robbed of his or her motivation to present themselves well, online, they are destine for decline.

When I came in contact with a man who operates an entire plumbing service, online, I realized that when residents go to the Internet when there is a plumbing problem, they will go to the Internet for almost any problem. And when I placed a link on one of my web sites from an online therapist, who offers an eight week workshop for depression, online, my suspicions were confirmed.

When people have a problem, a need, a desire, a fear or concern, they often times turn to the Internet. Over 80% of web surfers window shop online before actually visiting a local store, and making a purchase. One of the biggest secrets, Google hasn’t revealed to the American public is that content is king on the Internet, but video is moving up, and could soon match the power of written words. (Plus a lot of people don’t really understand that Google owns YouTube as well!)

SEO is the art, or science of your site communicating with the search engines. That’s what I do. I graduated from DeVry Institute, Chicago, before SEO was born. Returning to the online classes to learn the new ways of Online Marketing is what I do almost every morning.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free