Thursday, July 4, 2013

Linking for SEO Purposes; Video; Information

When I'm not writing books on tax loopholes and tax-free retirement, I am studying the art of Search Engine Optimization.  I am happy to report that one of the sites which I manage T360 Travel Classifieds generated over 1 million hits in half a year.  (This means the site is becoming more popular)  I explained how I did it in a book which is now published in the Kindle Store of Amazon.  Profits in Niche Websites, Montly Income. 

This morning, I finally opened my email from Website Magazine, this is a great online website which I have read from several years to help stay on top of the changes in Internet Marketing.  Below is the information from this very important article.

***

When building a new site or creating new content, the notion of external linking is often a matter of concern for search engine optimization professionals. If there's a best practice when it comes to external linking, particularly for bloggers, the answer is this - be considerate of those reading your material.

In a new video from Google's Matt Cutts, the question of best practices for external linking was raised and the answer from Cutts seemed an honest and reasonable one. Publishers, according to Cutts, should give credit to the primary source when producing content on their sites. Cutts also indicated that it should be best practice to include links at the beginning of a post/article so as not to force the user to seek out the original source of information - essentially, don't make website visitors work hard than they have to in order to locate information. -



Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free