Friday, September 20, 2013

Report Your Income Even If You Earned It Illegally


Unreported income, which is supposed to be reported, based on the tax laws makes the taxpayer an illegal person of interest.  I can’t emphasize enough to clients or my readers, the importance of reporting your income.

Even if it feels ok, at the time of the un-wise decision to hide the income, I can guarantee you that there will come a time, when the truth will come back and haunt you.  It may take 18 months, or it may take 3 to six years.

The very second that you spend the monies which weren’t reported to the Department of the Treasury, you are walking on thin ice.  You are spending money which has no bases, or no foundation.  This leaves mental and spiritual gaps in your financial world.

Do yourself a favor and report that which you earn.  Even if you earn the income illegally, if you report the income, you won’t have problems with the IRS.  One important tip, when the Form 1040 ask for your occupation, just say consultant.

From me, to you, to my clients past, present and future and all my readers, report the stupid income.  The IRS has ways of finding out.  In my Book Website Success and the IRS, I discuss some of the ways the IRS finds out about un-reported income.  You can purchase the Book on Amazon, in the Kindle Store. 
You don't need an e-Reader, you can download Amazon's free app and read on your desktop or laptop.  Website Success and the IRS  (They got Al Capone on tax evasion, nothing more)
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free